A TIE Fighter is surprised by a B-wing(top-right) as it Flees from an oncoming A-wing
This is easily one of my favorite rebel ships, mainly for its brute strength. It isn’t the fastest, nor the most powerful, but boy oh boy is it hard to kill. Call it the Steven Seagal of the rebel ships. With a hull value of 3, and 5 shields it is extremely tough. Its countered by only having 1 evade die, but with the right upgrade combination you can easily overcome that. The B-Wing is best flown as a support ship/tank. I find its a perfect fit with a couple A-Wings, X-Wings, or E-Wings. You can use the quick ships to drive your opponent right where you want them, and BOOM. The B-Wing is also one of the few small ships you can put a co-pilot in, which gives you a variety of upgrades that can turn the tides in your favor.
3 1 3 5
The B-Wing’s movement is sketchy at best, with more red maneuvers than green, but it does have some interesting choices. The 2 Koiogran turn is a really neat way to do quick loops behind a close opponent, even with the stress. Not a lot of ships have that option so I like to take advantage of it when I can. Turning in general with the B-Wing is a difficult task, with the 3 bank and 1 sharp both being stress maneuvers. The B-Wing definitely moves best as a 2 So keep your movement short and right to the point. Using a few small ships to corner or surround an opposing ship is your best strategy.
B-wing movement dial shown in
Rebel movement dial upgrade kit
My biggest issue with the maneuvers for the B-Wing is that the 4 straight is a stress maneuver. That really limits your ability to chase down or flee. One way I’ve found to counter that is add Nien Nunb as a crew member. His upgrade lets you treat all straight maneuvers as green ones, plus c’mon…it’s Nien Numb. Who wouldn’t want to fly with him? All in all the B-Wing has quickly become one of my go-to rebel ships, using a variety of different builds. You can’t go wrong with at least one B-Wing on the map, and if used correctly it can dominate.
- Ten Numb 8 (31) When attacking, 1 of your critical results cannot be canceled by defense dice.
- Ibtisam 6 (28) When attacking or defending, if you have at least one stress token, you may reroll 1 of your dice.
- Dagger Squadron Pilot 4 (24)
- Blue Squadron Pilot 2 (22)
- Advanced Proton Torpedoes (6) ATTACK (TARGET LOCK): Spend your target lock and discard this card to perform this attack.
You may change up to 3 of your blank results to focus results.
- Proton Torpedoes (4) ATTACK (TARGET LOCK): Spend your target lock and discard this card to perform this attack.
You may change 1 of your focus results to a critical result.
- Autoblaster (5) ATTACK: Attack 1 ship.
Your hit results cannot be canceled by defense dice.
The defender may cancel critical results before hit results.
- Ion Cannon (3) ATTACK: Attack 1 ship.
If this attack hits, the defender suffers 1 damage and receives 1 ion token. Then cancel all dice results.
- Fire Control System (2) After you perform an attack, you may acquire a target lock on the defender.
- Critical Hit Token
- Focus Token
- ID Tokens #30 (3 each)
- Ion Token
- Shield Tokens (x5)
- Stress Token
- Target Token S/T (2 each)