The Admiral’s Favorite Things
The Kihraxz Fighter in hot pursuit of an X-Wing
Let’s just get one thing out of the way right now. The elephant in the room, so to speak. The real reason you’re going to buy this expansion is for the upgrade cards, plain and simple. Predator and Crack Shot are two of the best cards in the game, and they are both included in this ship expansion. OK, now that’s out of the way let’s get down to business. This ship is a really fun small ship to run with a Scum and Villainy squad. I like to team it up with either the M3A or a Z95 (both really quick versatile ships) and one of the medium ships. Personally I prefer the Slave I, but the Punishing One is also great to run along side the Kihraxz.
3 2 4 1
The Kihraxz Fighter’s movement is really well balanced for a small ship. The only red (stress) maneuvers are the 4U and 5U. Everything else is green and white. This makes it one of the easiest ships to fly and a really good beginner ship. It’s got a much larger hull and shield combo (4 hull, 1 shield) than most small ships, so you can head right into battle without worrying about a quick death. The ship itself is a modified X-Wing, with bigger guns (The Admiral loves bigger guns). 3 attack dice is great, 2 defense is OK, but having a stronger hull makes up for it.
This ship is a great example of them really making a strong effort to balance out the three factions. From the
Kihraxz Fighter movement dial. Shown in Scum & Villainy Premium Dial Upgrade Kit
beginning Scum and Villainy has always seemed like the red-headed step child of the family. As time goes on they keep bringing more Scum ships into the fold, giving players who love the bounty hunters something to cheer about. Overall this is a ship every single X-Wing player will need to have, at some point. I like to fly it, but I don’t love it. Predator…I love Predator. I want that card in my life!
- Talonbane Cobra 9 (28) When attacking or defending, double the effect of your range combat bonuses
- Graz The Hunter 6 (25) When defending, if the attacker is inside your firing arc, roll 1 additional defense die
- Black Sun Ace 5 (23)
- Cartel Marauder 2 (20)
- Crack Shot (1) When attacking a ship inside your firing arc, you may discard this card to cancel 1 of the defenders evade results
- Predator (3) When attacking, you may reroll 1 attack die. If the defender’s pilot skill value is “2” or lower, you may instead reroll up to 2 attack dice
- Lightning Reflexes (1) Small ship only. After you execute a white or green maneuver on your dial, you may discard this card to rotate your ship 180 degrees. Then receive 1 stress token after the “Check Pilot Stress” step.
- Glitterstim (2) At the start of the Combat phase, you may discard this card and receive 1 stress token. If you do, until the end of the round, when attacking or defending, you may change all of your focused results to hit or evade results.
- Homing Missiles (5) Attack (Target Lock): Discard this card to perform this attack. The defender cannot spend evade tokens during this attack
- Critical Hit Token
- Focus Token
- ID Tokens #46-47 (3 each)
- Shield Token
- Stress Token
- Target Token QQ/RR (2 each)